Rechercher dans ce blog

Sunday, September 13, 2020

‘BGT’ Faces Backlash For Joke About Death During The Pandemic - ETCanada.com

cucun.indah.link

By Jamie Samhan.

Church Minister Allan Finnegan’s jokes on “Britain’s Got Talent” missed the mark.

During Saturday’s semi-finals, Finnegan received backlash for joking about death in the middle of a pandemic.

“Just before Christmas my only uncle passed away, God rest his soul and well… I had him in the Secret Santa so every cloud, saved me 20 quid that did,” he quipped.

RELATED: ‘Britain’s Got Talent”s Honey And Sammy Cover Calum Scott For Emotional Performance

He also joked about forgetting the deceased’s name during a funeral.

“‘I forgot to put the deceased’s name down on my notes, I think it’s Hilda but I can’t be sure, the next minute it feels like a game of ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?’,” Finnegan said.

“I’d have loved to have gone 50/50 or phone a friend – I am just glad it wasn’t ‘Deal Or No Deal’, I wasn’t going to open that box for no offer.”

The judges were on the fence with Ashley Banjo saying, “You had some good moments, but halfway through it lost me, I don’t think it landed and hit as much as you wanted it to.”

RELATED: 10-Year-Old Singer Charms ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ Judges With Zendaya Cover

Twitter was not impressed, slamming producers for allowing such jokes as the world suffers from mass COVID-19 deaths.

The Link Lonk


September 13, 2020 at 07:50AM
https://ift.tt/32uhUCJ

‘BGT’ Faces Backlash For Joke About Death During The Pandemic - ETCanada.com

https://ift.tt/2BsGM2G
Joke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

RIP The Xbox Game Pass Joke - Kotaku

cucun.indah.link Xbox Game Pass is a good deal, but did it really need the free publicity? Image: Microsoft Fact: If you cover gam...

Popular Posts