Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Blind date: ‘She definitely found me funny’ - The Guardian

cucun.indah.link

Omena on Felix

What were you hoping for?
To meet someone cool, kind and on my vibe, to get to know and meet when I relocate to London.

First impressions?
Not my usual type, but he was chatty and interested in getting to know me. Plus, I was intrigued by his passion for baking!

What did you talk about?
Everything from religion to our families, goals and online dating. He is Nigerian like my Dad, so we talked about Lagos, and our travels around Africa. To be honest, Felix reminded me of my dad when he was younger: similar interests and outlook.

Any awkward moments?
Not really. Well, actually, at one point he sang a gospel song to me. It would have been lovely for another person, but I hate being serenaded.

Good table manners?
Yes. His food came about 30 minutes after mine but he was very polite.

How long did you stay on the call?
About 4.5 hours. I can talk for England, but he did most of the chatting, so the hours racked up.

Best thing about Felix?
He seems a down-to-earth, interesting guy. I would never have predicted that he loves to bake brownies and red velvet, or like pop music. It’s a shame he is so different to me: I prefer grime, Afrobeats etc, and would take a plate of rice and chicken over dessert any day!

Would you introduce him to your friends?
Possibly. I have a few Nigerian and Christian friends he may get on with.

Describe Felix in three words?
Down to earth.

What do you think he made of you?
I’m not sure, but he complimented me halfway through.

Any connection issues?
Yes, we had to reconnect at one point.

And…did you swap numbers?
No, we swapped Instagram handles.

How did the call end?
I’m an hour ahead in Barcelona, so at midnight, we ended the call.

If you could change one thing about the evening, what would it be?
Nothing, it was a pleasant experience.

Marks out of 10?
6.5. He was a lovely guy, very polite and it was a nice chat.

Would you meet again?
Most likely not, unless as friends.

Q&A

Want to be in Blind date?

Show

Blind date is Guardian Weekend magazine’s dating column: every week, two strangers are paired up for dinner and drinks, and then spill the beans to us, answering a set of questions. This runs, with a photograph we take of each dater before the date, in Guardian Weekend magazine (in the UK) and online at theguardian.com every Saturday. It’s been running since 2009 – you can read all about how we put it together here.

What questions will I be asked?
We ask about age, location, occupation, hobbies, interests and the type of person you are looking to meet. If you do not think these questions cover everything you would like to know, tell us what’s on your mind.

Can I choose who I match with?
No, it’s a blind date! But we do ask you a bit about your interests, preferences, etc – the more you tell us, the better the match is likely to be.

Can I pick the photograph?
No, but don't worry: we'll choose the nicest ones.

What personal details will appear?
Your first name, job and age.

How should I answer?
Honestly but respectfully. Be mindful of how it will read to your date, and that Blind date reaches a large audience, in print and online.

Will I see the other person’s answers?
No. We may edit yours and theirs for a range of reasons, including length, and we may ask you for more details.

Will you find me The One?
We’ll try! Marriage! Babies!

Can I do it in my home town?
Only if it’s in the UK. Many of our applicants live in London, but we would love to hear from people living elsewhere.

How to apply
Email blind.date@theguardian.com

Felix on Omena

What were you hoping for?
To meet in person, but due to Covid it was not meant to be.

First impressions?
She was very friendly, confident and looked absolutely stunning.

What did you talk about?
Culture, long-term goals, what we do for fun, relationship history, where we see ourselves in five years, religious background, travel, films, social justice, wine.

Any awkward moments?
None.

Good table manners?
Yes, she has brilliant table manners.

How long did you stay on the call?
From 6.30pm until 11.15pm.

Best thing about Omena?
The fact that she loves doing different, fun activities amazes me, and she can make me laugh.

Would you introduce her to your friends?
100%.

Describe Omena in three words?
Smart, caring, nice smile.

What do you think she made of you?
She definitely found me funny, and a kind and caring person.

Any connection issues?
Sometimes the screen froze.

And…did you swap numbers?
No, but we added each other on Instagram.

How did the call end?
We both needed to get some shuteye, but agreed to continue another time.

If you could change one thing about the evening, what would it be?
I’d definitely ask more about social justice and what her beliefs are on this particular topic.

Marks out of 10?
7.

Would you meet again?
Yes.

The Link Lonk


March 20, 2021 at 01:00PM
https://ift.tt/311j72M

Blind date: ‘She definitely found me funny’ - The Guardian

https://ift.tt/3eOfySK
Funny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

RIP The Xbox Game Pass Joke - Kotaku

cucun.indah.link Xbox Game Pass is a good deal, but did it really need the free publicity? Image: Microsoft Fact: If you cover gam...

Popular Posts