Rechercher dans ce blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Cubs' Anthony Rizzo Explains Funny Jon Lester Groundout Moment - NBC Chicago

cucun.indah.link

Rizzo explains hilarious Lester groundout moment originally appeared on NBC Sports Chicago

Amid all the standing ovations and tribute videos on Monday, there was a legitimately funny moment shared between Jon Lester and Anthony Rizzo.

In the third inning, Lester hit a chopper right to Rizzo behind first base. Rizzo corralled the ball extremely casually, flipping it to Adbert Alzolay covering the bag while barely moving a step.

"My instincts told me just to stop. It was kind of weird but funny at the same time," Rizzo said Tuesday on MLB Network's "Intentional Talk."

The crowd let out an audible laugh at Rizzo's antics, and he shared a few words with Lester as the pitcher jogged back to the dugout.

"I think he said 'I hate you,'" Rizzo said.

But according to Rizzo, the story goes back to when Lester fouled a ball near first earlier in the at-bat.

"He looked at me and I looked at him like, 'What are you doing?' He's like, 'I'm coming at you,'" Rizzo recalled of the foul ball.

"I go, 'Don't do it.' He hits it at me and I knew he wasn't going to be running out of the box."

Former Cub Kyle Schwarber had a good view of the sequence from the top step of the Nationals dugout.

"It was great. It was funny," Schwarber said. "As soon as he hit it, I'm like, 'Oh, this is going to be great. Somehow, this is going to be a moment in itself.

"It turned out to be just that"

They may be on different teams, but Rizzo and Lester's friendship appears stronger than ever.

Check out the whole interview:

Download

Download MyTeams Today!

The Link Lonk


May 19, 2021 at 09:19AM
https://ift.tt/3eZNMoY

Cubs' Anthony Rizzo Explains Funny Jon Lester Groundout Moment - NBC Chicago

https://ift.tt/3eOfySK
Funny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

RIP The Xbox Game Pass Joke - Kotaku

cucun.indah.link Xbox Game Pass is a good deal, but did it really need the free publicity? Image: Microsoft Fact: If you cover gam...

Popular Posts